When I first heard that song from A League of Their Own, I realized that I actually kind of liked Madonna...well, at least her sappy side. Can you believe the movie was released in 1992?
For some reason, when I go home and spend time in my old childhood room, that song drifts into my mind. It's also kind of neat/weird that my own kids are jumping on my old four poster bed (unfortunately, my Peanuts Belle canopy has been taken down) and asking me questions about old knickknacks I collected in my teens.
- High school graduation tassel, teddy bear piggy bank, The Corrs CDs (I used to play "So Young" on repeat all the time in college), Precious Moments mini plate
- My figurine collection...included Pochacco, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Wade Tea figurines, and more Precious Moments dolls.
- Stickers from Botan Rice Candy boxes
- Painting of roses I did in middle school...with a lot of help from my art teacher. A lot. As I've mentioned before, I am not a crafty or artistic person by nature.
- Feather masks...I vaguely recall buying them through a catalog that my middle school art teacher had, but that sounds really strange.
- Marble collection in a turtle shaped box...the tenant downstairs had a big water jug filled to the brim with marbles. These are a few that she gave me as a gift.
- Old dresser drawers with faux gold trim. It appealed to the princess in me, what can I say?
- Little Twin Stars jewelry box filled to the brim with self-made wire jewelry, '80s style neon plastic earrings and bracelets, and costume jewelry that my mom gave me. There might even be a jelly bracelet or two in there.
What are some things you still have from your childhood? I keep most of my things at my parents' house, but I've brought a few treasures home with me. The feather masks can stay in my old room though.